We have built and run the world’s first security speaker and homeowner simulator KEVIN®.
Inspired by the movie “Home alone”, KEVIN® protects homes and makes sure that burglars
do not visit a home, by simulating presence through light, sound and shadow effects.
As a software developer in our team, you will do the following:
• Maintain and further develop our App (iOS/Android) Mitipi – Kevin
• Lead and build our NodeJS secured backend that can provide robust and fast
• Build new functionalities such as the “Soundtube” or “interaction features”, according
to our roadmap
• Commit to ensure QA/Test covered in high quality
• Fast track to be senior tech lead.
• Nice to have mobile app experience in iOS or Android and React–Native.
• Instinct for good looking and functional Interfaces.
• Good Understanding of paradigms, logic and data structures, have knowledge of
Amazon AWS, IoT devices, Pub/Nub, NoSQL.
• Curiosity how to use all tools and do not reinvent the wheel, prefer the balance
between speed and quality.
• Mindset to ensure highest quality and maintainability with tests.
• Creativity and curiosity to go beyond current tools to deliver best solution to the
problems at hand.
• Fluent in English, German and/or French are a plus.
• Commercial experience in creating mobile applications for IoT device
• Experience with minification and code obfuscation
• Good Understanding on how the Internet works (TCP, TLS, HTTP/2.0, Websockets,
• Option of a work4equity agreement and to participate at the growth of Mitipi.
• Option for a part–time job.
Place of work: BlueFactory, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
Please send us your CV, motivation letter and a few references to Dr. Patrick Cotting,